Our Current Position
The school was inspected in September 2018. Here are the key findings:
- Effectiveness of leadership and management: Good
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment: Good
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare: Outstanding
- Outcomes for pupils: Good
Summary of key findings for parents and pupils:
This is a good school
- The headteacher and deputy headteacher provide determined and ambitious leadership. They are well supported by senior leaders, and they know the school well. As a result, teaching and outcomes have improved and are now good.
- Subject leaders are motivated and well informed. They understand pupils’ strengths and weaknesses in their subjects.
- Since the last inspection, teaching has improved. Where teaching is strongest, pupils make excellent progress. However, due to staff turnover, some inconsistencies remain.
- The proportion of pupils who achieve the expected and higher standards in reading, writing and mathematics has improved over the past two years. Pupils make good progress from their starting points. Provisional outcomes in 2018 suggest that this trend is continuing.
- Disadvantaged pupils and pupils who have special educational needs (SEN) and/or disabilities, make strong progress.
- Pupils are polite, well mannered and show respect to each other and adults. Behaviour in lessons and around the school is outstanding.
- Leaders have developed a well-balanced curriculum that offers pupils a range of opportunities. However, a deepening of the curriculum will allow pupils to further develop their expertise.
- Promotion of pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is very effective, ensuring that pupils are well prepared for life in modern Britain. As a result, pupils have a very strong understanding of how to be a good citizen, both locally and globally.
- Governors understand the school. They know the strengths and what areas need further improvement. Their regular visits to the school provide support and challenge to leaders.
- Safeguarding is effective. Leaders ensure that when concerns are raised, they are dealt with in a timely manner, ensuring that pupils are kept safe.
- Leaders’ analysis of pupils’ progress and teaching and learning is effective. This has ensured that improvements have been made successfully.
You can see our latest report below or click here to see our school on the main Ofsted site